Senior .NET Developer for Open-Source platform – Water Environment
Are you a backend developer looking for a meaningful job with an impact on the environmental sector? Are you tired of offers in banking, TELCO, and insurance and looking for an interesting project with real impact? Then this job in a water environment company could be the right choice for you. You will work in a Czech branch of a Danish company delivering tailor-made solutions in various types of water environments: agriculture, energy, climate change, groundwater, ecosystems, and environmental risk.
You will build an open-source Cloud platform for storing and analyzing hydrological data. You will get a chance to coordinate SW engineers contributing to its development.
What technologies will you work with?
- Backend is in primarily in C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET
- Azure DevOps for issue tracking, bug reporting, code versioning (Git), and deployment
- Target primarily Microsoft Azure while running applications in Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of C#, or very good knowledge of Java and willingness to use C#
- Solid spoken and written English (at least level B2)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as C# developer, with in-depth knowledge of .NET platform
- Familiarity with Unit testing, ideally using XUnit and Moq
- Willing to visit the office 1x per week to meet with the team in Prague
What skills and experience are beneficial?
- Experience with building REST APIs and web applications can be useful
- Understanding of Kubernetes, continuous delivery, and concepts around infrastructure as code is a big advantage
- Experience with spatial, temporal, or multidimensional data processing is an advantage
- Exposure to relational databases through Entity Framework Core or other technology, ideally with PostgreSQL backend
- Unique and interesting industry – Water Environment/Hydrology
- Job in an environment-friendly and growing industry
- An opportunity to work on various exciting projects
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Work in a smaller team 5+
- Interesting challenges for data visualization, spatial data handling
- Benefits like meal vouchers, company phone plan, Multisport card, 5 weeks of vacation and more
- Full-time employment in a stable company
- Employment contract: permanent, indefinite.
- Development & Engineering
- Option for Remote Work
- Meal vouchers
- Extra vacation
- Flexible Schedule
- Cafeteria system
- Partial Remote Work
- Czech language not required
- Contribution to meal